Day Twenty One - A scene that made you mad
Talya reads Callie’s journal
"I broke up with her because she was doing stupid things. Like reading your journal." -Brandon
I’m sick of everyone acting like Wyatt doesn’t make mistakes. His are just forgiven. but I’ll humor you and let’s just list the times he just GOT HER:
He just KNEW that Callie wanted him to threaten Liam online
He just KNEW that Callie wanted him to fight Liam
He just KNEW that Callie - new girl, fresh outta juvie, on probation - wanted to go on a B&E for their first date
He just KNEW that when Callie told him specifically .. this boy got INSTRUCTIONS to stay next to her at the festival cause she was uncomfortable but ohh no Wyatt KNEW. Wyatt knew that Callie would want him to leave her and get into another fight Liam!
Yeah. Wyatt knows. lol i mean, he’s got a few things right. Like when he told Callie that she was using him because of her feelings for Brandon. *DING DING DING* or that when she was pulling away, the person to ask would be Brandon. (Which in my opinion, I would have broke up with him then and there. You don’t go to my ex and talk about me. and he wasn’t talking to Brandon as her ‘brother’ or her best friend but as her ex and asked if she’s still hung up on him. boundaries bruh. thats a fucking fight)
Wyatt: I was just trying to take care of you callie
Callie: well maybe you don’t know how to do that.
Her best friend does! Cause her best friend would have gotten her the fuck out of that festival before she saw Liam.
I can easily get at Wyatt just as hard as some of y’all get at Brandon. But im polite. all these messages are testin’ my patience.
things everyone manages to forget:
- wyatt’s desire to “impress” callie translating to, in her exact words, an “utter lack of regard for anyone but yourself”
- wyatt getting pissed that callie’s frustration and emotional distress over being confronted with the liam situation again was overwhelming enough that she did not want him involved and telling her he’d “stay out of it for good”
- wyatt saying that callie might be “too screwed up” even for him
- wyatt concluding more than once that callie not trusting him is the result of her having feelings for brandon (instead of considering that he may have to earn that trust himself)
- wyatt stating that he was actually planning on trying to run away with callie after he called stef and lena, rather than stay and assure that she would be with her family again
- wyatt being really goddamn creepy by coming back only for callie, with whom he wasn’t in a relationship and had previously dismissed on account of her being in love with b
- wyatt deciding that it was appropriate to drag callie’s ex into his relationship with her
- wyatt getting annoyed when said ex was clearly ill at ease and irked by the interaction
- wyatt choosing to ignore callie’s admission that she was genuinely uncomfortable not only being in the crowds at the festival in general but being alone in the crowds
- wyatt making excuses for fighting liam again, rather than admitting fault and providing a reason other than “i was trying to protect you”
LOL do you think he’ll care? It’ll just go with the other list of denials in that whole relationship:
Let’s pretend you didn’t leave me for the guy you actually love.
Let’s pretend me leaving my family behind for you is romantic and not creepy
Let’s pretend that you’d still be with me if you could be with Brandon.
Let’s pretend that when you said you loved me back, I believed you.
let’s just add this: Let’s pretend the moment you found out you couldn’t be adopted - the one thing standing in the way of you being with Brandon - you didn’t automatically kiss Brandon. And let’s pretend you two didn’t look into each others eyes like you’ve never looked at me before and didn’t kiss like you have both been dying without each other. *BRALLIE FEELS*
in all seriousness. I think Wyatt knows what he signed up for, knowingly being the one who loves her more and her being with him because she can’t be with Brandon, he can’t be shocked, he can be upset. but shocked? Nah yoooo.
brallie is unhealthy
but it’s totally healthy to abandon your family and move to another state solely to be with a girl who you know has feelings for another guy